Monday, September 15, 2008

FAST Rules

Congrats to the Navy's Newest:
Lt. Commander

Taylor Clark
Way to go Taylor!

Sept. 16, 17, 18th - FAST!

Starting tomorrow morning:
NO refined sugars
All Fruits and Veggies
Lentils - yes
Beans - no
Nuts, Almond butter, peanut butter - Yes
Whey Protein
Hammer Bars or Raw Bar





So, what does all this mean? Starting tomorrow when you wake, you will be comsuming nothing but real, raw foods. No meat, dairy. Protein will come in the form of Whey or Soy. Eat often as you like - you will be hungry. But the food you eat needs to be veggies (cooked, steamed, raw) or fruit. Avocados, nuts (about 6 per serving), 1 Tsp. peanut or almond butter helps to make you feel full. Make sure the ingredients on everything you eat are natural - no added SUGARS, MSG, etc. Drink plenty of water. Drink 100% fruit juices. Sweeten coffee with honey - just a few tricks we have learned from doing this in the past. Hammer Bars or Raw bars are good to have as a meal or snack. Have food or bars with you at all times or you will not be able to do this. Work, meetings, kids, pick-up lines, drive times - you will need something to snack on - make sure you have it! At some point tomorrow, blog how you are doing, feeling, and if you have any questions or need some food recommendations! Be strong, be discliplined. But remember, when the fasting is over on Thursday, that does not mean it is time to gorge - moderation is the KEY! Happy Fasting!

3 comments:

Biagini said...

i started today. day one has been rough but i did not plan well and didn't have enough stuff in the house ready to eat so i think being prepared is the key- i went to the store and stocked up and i feel better already knowing there is fresh food at my fingertips. Kristen

Alyson said...

I have been going since last Tuesday and feeling so much better. I could feel the difference on my workout yesterday, since I had been slowing feeding myself more and more crap--you know stress eating! But anyway, I told Owen when I got home that I feel like I am "running clean". I plan to continue on slightly modified.

Carlin said...

Well Alex got back today and it was not a good day to start a fast. So we start tomorrow, can't wait to have more energy.Everytime I do this I always go over board after it's over. My goal is to stay balanced this time.
Maybe bloging will help me be accountable.