Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why Crossfit??


Why do you Crossfit? I saw this story on the news the other night and it helped confirm for me why I do Crossfit and push myself through workouts that the majority of Americans find insane (whether they workout or not). Sobering part of the story was people in parts of the South face a decline in life expectancy due to obesity, smoking, and high blood pressure.

Most startling fact in this story? We rank 42nd in the world for life expectancy! 42nd! That's a horrible number when you also learn the US spends more money on health care than any other country.

So, doing Crossfit for my family and I means pushing back against the statistics and heading in the other direction.

See you all in the Sandbox!
Taylor

1 comment:

toggle26 said...

Plus, to add insult to injury, we have to pay for it in terms of higher health insurance and taxes. richard