Friday, September 11, 2009

Mini-Tri - Sept 12 - Sat


North Hampton - Amenities Center
8:30a.m.
Cost: CFAI= FREE / Guests $15 - everyone welcome (download a Med Q from the "forms" page on the website if you don't have a current Med Q on file)
Course map to come....
1/4 mile outdoor pool swim (22 lengths)
2.3 mile run
12 mi bike ride
OR the Mini-Mini - Tri
1/8 mi pool swim(11 pool lengths)
1.7 mi run
6 mi bike
  • Come prepared!!!! Get ready tonight!!!
  • Doug will have pump and tool kit - but will be organizing the route - and will only be available for extreme bicycle emergencies. Rude...I know!!! :-)
  • You will need: Swim trunks/suit....then....some type of 2, 3, or 4 wheeler...then....some type of shoes to run in.
  • Bring your goggles, kick board, paddle fins, flippers, bike, running shorts, sun screen
  • Should take less than 2 hours...
  • but...please bring a watch to time yourself....just in case....!!!

2 comments:

apetroy said...

mini- mini 1 hour and 20 secs. This was a great WOD. I love doing an event like this with the CFAI group. I will miss you guys this week. Amy

Coach Lane said...

Ouch...
Yep. For all you doubters out there...Coach Lane did it too! :-) Mini-Tri in 1hr26m. I can't believe how many times I had to stop on the swim. How disappointing/embarrassing. Only walked 2x on the run...so that was 'mose def' my weak link. Bike was best...averaged 18.5mph. For anyone interested... Sprint Tri's are 'usually':
1/4 mi Swim
13 mi Bike
3.2 mi Run

So...all-in-all; we were pretty close to that.

It seemed like everyone was pretty jacked about doing the WOD again in a few weeks. I think next time I would like for everyone completing to try and "GO CRAZY". I know it sounds stupid...but how would you feel about coming in to the gym, after the TRI around 5pm and Deadlifting??? Challenged? I would be.