Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Congrats!

Congratulations Hank Hurst for Attaining his White Shirt Today!
  • Hank has been working toward this goal for over a year now!
  • With his body weight down over 20lbs now.....this is what Hank had to say about CFAI:

I found that my daily lunchtime 3 mile run wasn’t doing enough to get me in shape. During the day at The Hurst Company (www.hurstco.com); “Time is Money”! My suits were fitting too tight and I knew I needed to change things up or I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe. That’s a horrendous thought for a penny pinching CPA!

I must admit I was apprehensive at first about trying CrossFit, but after only my first day… I was hooked. I absolutely love it and couldn’t imagine life without MY CrossFit “Sandbox” sessions. Coach Doug Lane’s program fits my hectic schedule and I am able to get a super challenging, first class workout in a fraction of the time that “typical” workouts take. Coach Lane is a stickler for exercise technique and form (so I won’t get injured) which gives me maximum results.

I am fascinated at what seems to be such small changes in my exercise routine – have yielded so many results. For example: I could barely do a pull-up when I first started. Through Doug’s training…last week I did twenty in a row! I enjoy the CrossFit system of periodically checking my progress through “benchmark” workouts. These prove to me exactly how vast my improvement has been.

When I started the program I was primarily a one-on-one student – but have since introduced a couple of friends to CrossFit who also enjoy what they are seeing. Now, our time slot is working into a class of its own.

When travelling on business or vacations, Coach Lane prepares a tailored workout that I can do virtually anywhere (without having to find a gym) so I don’t lose ground when I’m out of town.

Results:

Waistline: 2 inches off!

5k Run time: 36 minutes down to 29 min

Fran time: Jan ‘08 - 1 pull up – the rest jumping and assisted – 65# thrusters

Most recent Fran - 9:04

FGB Score: Mar ’08 - 221 w/55#

FGB Jul ’08 – 256 w/75#

Helen - 11:45

Today's Grace - 6:36


Way to go Hank!


Doug has given me a healthy diet to follow and will even accompany me to the grocery store to help advise of the right foods to eat.


I strongly advise anyone, old or young, fit or out of shape, to give CrossFit a try. It is challenging, but the results are well worth the effort. My ten year daughter absolutely loves it, too. Coach Lane has given her workouts that have helped her excel in all of her sports. She even made the All-Star team this year thanks to his special work with her.

3 comments:

CD said...

Way to Hank! Your progress and dedication is always inspiring. Keep up the hard work!

apetroy said...

Congrats Hank!

Taylor said...

Awesome Hank! Keep going strong!