Thursday, May 8, 2008

Coach Mark Rippetoe Seminar

Yulee High School Volleyball Strength and Conditioning

Author of Starting Strength, Strong Enough, and Practical Programming for Strength Training; Mark Rippetoe will be conducting a short seminar this weekend for US! Here are the details:

When: WOD begins - 9:45 a.m. (all athletes NOT attending the lecture will be completing a KB-Run workout. All athletes attending the lecture will be completing the CF Total - potentially assisted by "CF's one and only Coach Rip"!!! How can you go wrong? If you can only attend the lecture, it should start at 10:45 a.m.

Where: JSO - FJJC complex

Cost: $15 !!!! (for members of affiliates) $30 if you are not paying at a CF East gym

Why: Coach Rip and Coach Cooper will be going over the Squat and Deadlift.

Directions? Please email Leslie! :-)

*We are pretty sure this will be a "once in a long-while experience". Especially for the clams you are shelling out. His normal seminars are $400/weekend/person. CrossFit HQ has sent Coach Rip out to interview Coach Cooper on his recent bout with Rhabdo, to be published at a later date. In the mean time...he has agreed to help us with a quick seminar!

Please let us know if you can attend through the BLOG. We need to get a head count to know how many squat racks and how many weights to bring. Thanks!

9 comments:

Coach Tanner said...

I attended Rip's weekend cert. and it is definately worth your while to go. You will learn so much! Carolyn Peeples and I are in a Muddy Buddy Race this weekend in Orlando so we won't be there. Have fun!

joe waldrop said...

I will be there.

Coach Tanner said...

Thanks to all of you who helped out today with the Southside Field trip. Could not have done it without you all! Thanks a bunch!

Alyson said...

I am assuming this is Saturday and if so I need to talk to Owen, but I would love to go. I will let you know more definitely Friday at class.
The field trip was super fun! It is interesting to see the difference even in kids considering active vs. inactive. It inspires me to keep my kids interested in training.

Coach Lane said...

Thanks Joe! Any other takers? I will try to 'advertise' it again in class today.

Carlin said...

Can't come too much already scheduled with the kids. Have fun everyone and good luck to Carolyn and Leslie!!

toggle26 said...

I would love to go but out of town. I have his book and would be great to ask some questions. richard

CD said...

doug--KT and I will be tagging along..

Coach Lane said...

As of 6pm:
Amy P
Chad
Joe
Katy
Alyson
Doug
Chris

Thanks guys! If you can make it and I don't have you on the list...please continue to come...it is just my memory fading... :-)