Monday, December 14, 2009

Tues-Griff

In honor of USAF SSgt Travis L. Griffin, 28, who was killed April 3, 2008 in the Rasheed district of Baghdad by an IED strike to his vehicle. Travis is survived by his son Elijah.
First posted 9 June 2008
Warm Up: Outside
  • 100m Butt Kicker Jog
  • 100m Skip
  • 50m Side hop/skip...then switch directions
  • Lean against wall - 50 high knees
  • 2 rounds
WOD:
  • Run 800 meters
  • Run 400 meters backwards
  • Run 800 meters
  • Run 400 meters backwards

3 comments:

Mark Etheridge said...

Coach Lane,

Great session last night. Really getting a tough work out. Can you please c/c me when you e-mail Coach Newton the pictures of dead-lifting.

Also I think we left off the jumping on the box on the note sheet? How many sets/reps?

I am passing on how good crossfit and your establishment to the many of the buddies I network with in the military community!

Have a great evening!

Coach Lane said...

Mark! Yeah! You made it onto the BLOG. Congrats.

Box jumps should initially be done:
2 sets of 10 repetitions with your specific WOD. Within 4-6wks; we will want to move you to the next height in box.

Will do with Coach Newton. Additionally, it appears that we may be hosting another 1-day Explosive Lifting Clinic - just after the New Year. Please stay posted - I hope you can come.

Thanks for all the recommendations - every bit helps! It is truly my pleasure to work with athletes in training. Stay motivated!

Mark Etheridge said...

Coach,

Just let me know the date for the clinic and I do not fore see a problem.