Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sunday - Preparing for THE Fight

Alan with Mr. and Mrs. Scott - drinking the CF Kool-Aide
Let the Games Begin!

If you are up to the challenge, our friends Alan and Faith Cook at Hypoxia Gym, in Ouray, CO, and I have come up with a challenge. Next week, we are competing with CrossFit Hypoxia in three different workouts. The WOD's will be on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Alan's crew will be doing the WOD's; Mon, Tues and Sun - Winner takes all! Alan and I actually agreed to the challenge without asking you guys - Sorry!

Here are the rules: Suggested donation: $3 buys in person "in"
WOD's: Mon: "Annie are you o.k.?"
Tues: Grace
Wed: 800m Run

If we win…(I mean WHEN we win) Hypoxia buys us 10 new jump ropes (with their collection pot)! In the unforseen instance that we should lose, we have to buy Hypoxia a new Med Ball - $75+shipping. As Alan has said, "Saddle up boys and girls, and let the Games Begin!" As you know...I am NOT into losing. I would encourage you to start talking some smack on www.hypoxiagym.com BLOG roll. I would appreciate it!
For the record...Annie are you o.k. is:
21-15-9 - 3 rounds
Row (for Calories)
DB Thrusters (M=40, W=20)
SDHP (M = 24k KB, W = 16kg KB)
Burpees
Ball Clean (M=20, W=14)
Wall Ball (M=20, W=14)
....uuufffhhhhdddaaaa......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. I still think it's funny. The picture, not the workouts. They still hurt.
A Cook

joe waldrop said...

It appears our coaches Doug and Alan have been drinking spiked Kool-Aid, and volunteered us as lab rats. As any cross fitter I will step up and accept the challenge and get crushed into wheezing for oxygen. But I don’t think the efficacy of the coach’s experiment is correct. The challenge just measures the 3 best times, and since Doug uses a sun dial to time me, I doubt I will be involved in this challenge. This challenge determines the best athletes
So after this challenge, I propose another challenge that would determine the best coach. We repeat the same challenge in 2 or 3 months and judge by improvement in times over previous performance, which would test the coach’s ability to train and motivate their clients.
What do you other lab rats think?

Coach Tanner said...

love your thinking Joe! Good Luck tomorrow Doug - Masters Oly. Weightlifting in Savannah!

katybug said...

Good Luck Dougy Fresh. Throw heavy

kate w said...

sign me up. i love a challenge! :) this should be fun

Coach Lane said...

Check out the adjustment in the Monday WOD.