Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wednesday WOD

WE ARE AT THE SANDBOX WEDNESDAY!!!


Coach Harvey Newton demonstrating the Front Squat form for the USAW. Coach Newton will be with CFAI on July 19th from 8a-12 noon. He will then be comentating for NBC for the 2008 Olympics in Weightlifting. http://www.newton-sports.com/

Warm up:

500m Row

250 Jump Rope

400m Run

(2 rounds)

WOD:

7 Front Squats (max weight with good form - STRICT!)

(7 rounds)

*Join us this Saturday (June 28th) for a special 9:30am class where we will honor the sacrifice of 11 Navy SEALs and 8 Army Nightstalkers that died on June 28th, 2o05 in the mountains of Afghanistan.  Read about their story here.  Soon after this tragic incident, crossfit.com started The Heros Workouts and the first three were named for Navy SEALs from that day.  

On Saturday, all are welcome to this free event and you will have the choice of one of the three workouts - "JT", named after Petty Officer First Class Jeff Taylor, "Michael", named after LT Michael McGreevy or "Murph", named after LT Michael Murphy.   

Please join us at 9:30am on Saturday, June 28th.  Bring your friends! 

10 comments:

CD said...

leaving town for a couple of days for work.. would rather join yall for more squat therapy..

toggle26 said...

Did it with 65 - last rep with 75. Shoulders feel bruised. Glad National squat week is over. richard

Taylor said...

hahahaha! National squat week was tough and I thought I would hate today but it actually felt gouda. Thanks for breaking it down for us Doug!

apetroy said...

Finished with 75. I'm ready for the day of rest. Amy

katybug said...

I am headed to the beach to soak my tired body in the water then fall on to my towel and veg in the sun. My quads are toast.
Max round: 115#

kaze2tt said...

Today was all about form for me, low weight on all 7 sets. Good practice.

Tina

Coach Tanner said...

85 max. Agree with everyone. Quads are well done, take them off the grill!

Biagini said...

i didn't push hard enough but tried to have good form. my weight was too low. next time.

Pam said...

Great warm up & Great work-out!

alisa said...

Warm up was great, would like to do this WOD again, although my shoulders are bruised in one spot on each side.. The squats did not bother me as bad as I thought they would.