Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Upcoming Events

Mark Saturday, June 26th on your calendar! We will be hosting a Mini-Tri and a Mini-Mini-Tri at Amelia Walk. Stay tuned...more information to follow.

TOUR DE PAIN:
It's NOT just for runners! This challenge is for ALL CrossFitters. Prove the CF theory true. Completion of this event is easily possible with 3-5 CF workouts per week! 4 mile beach run on Friday night at 7:30pm, 5k run on Saturday morning and a one mile "sizzler" at 4pm on Saturday. Run all 3 or choose 1 or 2 and set a goal for a Personal Best! Post your goal online and/or on the white board in the gym.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Speaking of the CF theory....I wanted to share my latest. I've been crossfitting for about 5 months for roughly 2-5 times a week. I ran 6 miles for the first time in 2 years earlier this week (I had been running 4 miles a week in addition to CF classes). I ran my personal best!! I had never felt that good on a long run in a long time!! I continue to train that way, I am a believer in the CF theory!!
The Tour de Pain is a good race, I hope to participate and break some more PRs with the help of crossfit :-)

Coach Lane said...

Wow Heidi!!! :-) Great stuff. Thank you for the post. We have quite a few runners who fall into that same category. By pushing CF HARD....run times are sure to improve!!!

Thanks!