Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunday - REST and RECOVER

Regarding the Dirty South CrossFit Regional Games...

Johnny, J-Mac, Johnny Mac, whatever you prefer... :)

I just wanted to tell you thank you for such a fantastic weekend. This was my first year to compete in CrossFit and I have to say that it's been such a huge blessing to me. The Dirty South Regional Qualifier should server as an example to the other regions and various CrossFit competitions. I can't imagine how much hard work and effort you put into this weekend, but I hope it was worth it to you. Your sacrifice has meant so much to me and so many other people. I'm already excited for next year! The great thing about competition is you learn a lot about who you are. I know what I really need to work on, and I'm focused to come back better and more fierce next year, so be looking out for me! :)

I also want to share that I got two PR's last weekend. I got a 175# clean (a 20# PR) and my first 2 MUs ever! I was so excited about the MUs because I've been working on them FOREVER! And what an awesome place to get them. All of my friends were there and when I got my first one they seriously sounded like they exploded because they were yelling so loud for me. It was awesome! I was only able to get the two though, but that's okay. It was worth the DNF to experience that. Like I mentioned earlier... next year will be different. ;)

I've attached my MU pic for you. Haha. You can even see my cheesing in it! I hope you realize what an impact you and the competition had on me this past weekend. Thank you so much!

Ashley Denton
CrossFit Durham
Durham, NC

No comments: